I Almost Became a Browns Fan Last Night


I paid attention to most of the first round of the draft last night having no idea what to expect since I haven't been on top on anything NFL related. But as a NFL Free Agent Fan, I am still looking to find a new squad. Like other San Diegans and Aztec Nation, I was putting a lot of stock in where ever Rashaad Penny would land. If the right team chose him, I would just hop on that train. But there were some exceptions.

Exception 1: Couldn't be a LA team. Obviously I'm done with the Cwords because of millions of reason but one important one to note here is the hatred I have towards the sport fans of LA. So that rules out the Rams as well. I REALLY want to root for those guys: young HC and QB, one of the best RB's and defenses. Really the most exciting team to watch. But it would be extremely hypocritcal (at least of me) to root for any team with Los Angeles in the front. People forget that. If you're a former Bolt fan because they went to LA, and now you're supporting the Rams...you're a f*cking idiot.

Exception 2: My new team can't be a winner. The Cwords weren't winners, so it would be kind of a weak move to move to a team with any recent success.

Exception 3: No California teams. Besides LA, I'll never root for the Raiders (old rivalry) and I hate the 49ers (1995 still stings).

The last few days I have been posting my hopes of Penny being selected by the Browns. The Browns check all the boxes. In addition they are young, exciting on defense, and were certainly going to take a QB with the first pick. So I made my announcement:

Why not Darnold? Not just because he's from the University of Spoiled Children, but because every time I saw him play this year he threw the dumbest INT's. I just couldn't believe people thought this guy should be the first pick and has the highest ceiling. I am no draft/scouting expert but he just didn't seem like the guy when I watch him play.

Rosen throws the best ball imho, and Mayfield is just exciting to watch. So if the Browns got one of those guys, it would be the first step towards buying some Browns Gear.


Mayfield was of course selected 1st overall. The Browns also had the 4th pick, and I thought the idea of Bradley Chubb and Myles Garrett on the edges would be very intriguing. 


I have since learned this was a pick of need. But whatever, I'll take it. As long as they drafted Penny with one of their next two picks early in round 2 I'd be on my way. Then I was Thunderstruck.



NOT THE SEAHAWKS!!!!!! Ughhhh, one of the most ignorant, obnoxious, and legit bandwagon fan bases in the NFL. I bet 80% of the current "12s" don't know who Shaun Alexander is or what position he played.  I bet 95% of the fan base couldn't tell you who played QB before Russell Wilson.

Not only that, they have had too much recent success for me to feel comfortable rooting for the Seahawks. So with that, coupled with wanting absolutely no connection to that dumb ass fan base, it just wasn't meant to be.

But it's not about me and my silly allegiances at the end of the day . It was about Rashaad Penny and his family. What a story, what an accomplishment, I hope nothing but the best for Penny and It will be fun to watch him in his career.


Aztecs Football back on the map with their first 1st round selection since Kyle Turley back in 1998. Congrats again to Penny and the Aztecs Program!


So. F*cking. Close.

Comments