The Kept Faith's After Party



#GoldenAgeOfPadresPodcasts

After the Padres game, Padres Twitter met up at Bay City Brewing. The amazing event was put on by The Kept Faith, and had a very strong attendance by a bunch of different Padre fan factions. I popped my cherry last night, in the sense of going to one of these twitter meet-ups, and the first time was everything I dreamed it would be. I am looking forward to future experiences (Still need a #PadresMeatTwitter Cookout, jus sayin).

Some of the Chula crew rolled out with me: Scotty B was in the Lyft with me while Tyler and Abby came from DT as they went to the game. Since we were in his neck of the woods even Max made an appearance after work. Four fifths of the unknown South Bay Hot Stove were sitting right there in the middle of the room for most of the night, and appropriately no one noticed.

When we first got there we grabbed a beer because beer. Standing in line I scanned the room, and realized why most guys talk off screen because holy shit what an ugly bunch (CV guys included). How these guys have wives and those wives allow their shenanigans, really give engaged guys like myself hope.

After we got our beer and marked our spot, I didn't want to act like kids at a dance so I went walking around and see just who the f*ck was there.

Said what up to Brandon, the only friendly face I saw. S/o to Brandon for his play on FSSD yesterday:

Then I bumped into the Portuguese Mafia including Pointer Dave and none other than Craig 'CashMedy' Medeiros. First time I had met these guys, even though Craig and I have done a few pods together over the phone and have had back and forth for years. I was able to have at length discussions with these guys throughout the night and had a great time while doing it.
Tyler, Craig, and Luke 

After some chat about the infamous Chase Headley, I kept moving and found a 2nd familiar face in Chris Garcia (Outspoken Chase Supporter..for a couple months). Chris is technically the first guy I met from Twitter a year ago when we golfed together. He's cool AF and idk if anyone can actually dislike that guy. I mean he's willing to go South of the 54 to CV to come record an Express Lane pod episode (coming soon). Wonder how he's feeling at work right now:
Next I bumped into the crew responsible for one of, if not my favorite Padres Podcasts: The 5.5 Guys. Had a blast meeting MiserableSDfan, Daniel Ortiz, and Andrew aka Antonio and we shot the shit for awhile as the night went on. Met DrunkFlan, a man who had to have a bunch of responsibilities and/or just having a blast because he was stomping around with purpose all night. My kind of guy, exactly the shit I would be doing if I knew most of the people in the room and was living up to my avatar.
Trying to convince those guys to let me on the Padres Twitter Podcast so hopefully that goes down eventually.

Also bumped into the legend LeisureFriar and his son grandson and had a great time talking with him and the 5.5 Guys. This group had me LOLing. Soon another legend walked in, none other than Craig Elsten. F*ck that guy couldn't have been cooler. Very refreshing. Also got to meet guys like Donovan, Travis, and a few other I have not since remembered. Got a little toasty last night.

Also got to meet Nick from TKF and thanked him for his services for the night. I didn't meet Dallas but he was MC for the raffle so kudos to you sir. But seriously, huge shoutout to Nick because he's the only person who has told me he likes the name 805West. My friends, brother, everyone else says I need to rebrand. I even admit I wasn't sold on it at first. Made a haste decision because I didn't want to be a nerd and thinking about it for a week. But it's grown on me and now has one of the Godfathers of Padres Podcasts approval, so thats all I need. Suck it.

A lot of people were there that I didn't meet so not too certain the final roster. The room was packed. Even some big J's were there like Scott Lewis. I kinda met Gennaro, saw Brady Phelps enter the room but that pretty much wraps up the faces I recognized. Not a lot of guys on Padres Twitter have actual pics in twitter avatars, probably for the reasons described earlier.

Towards the end of the night, most of the cool kids went to go podcast in the back (which I am eager to hear when it drops), so the SBHS finished our Reebs, closed out and headed to MT for a night cap.
4/5 of the South Bay Hot Stove: Max, Scott, Tyler, Luke


Kinda of bummed Bluntly Padres didn't show, wanted to meet those guys. Overall, a great night and thanks again to the TKF for putting on a great event. Make sure to subscribe to all of the #GoldenAgeOfPadresPodcasts and 805West shit too, cuz why not. Go Padres.

The Kept Faith
The 5.5 Podcast
Make The Padres Great Again
The Zero Chance Podcast
The East Village Times Podcast
Express Lane 

Go like 805West on Facebook if you're still there for your family members and share with them too! 

Comments

  1. Ukrainian Hypocrisy is the basic concept which is selected for the production of this specific blog. After the reading of this blog it would be a best idea to share this blog. According to the knowledge of the students we can establish the blog.
    Find my ZIP Code

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post! This is a very nice article that I loved it. Thanks for sharing this informative post. am playing the game called pubg mobo. and I have site which is give us free UC and BP for PUBG
    PUBG Hileleri

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment