Trip to Petco - Sat 3/31/18 vs Brewers



Made my first trip to Petco Park this season to watch the Friars on Saturday and it was a blast. I went with my fiancee and her family in a group of 10+ in what was rebranded as the Cousins and Others group. We rode in style, cruising in and tailgating in a badass camper.

 






This was our second tailgate together, the first one was for a Mexico-El Salvador friendly at the Murph last year. That was an awesome time but suffice to say I was much more enthusiastic for this edition. Camper was a huge plus, we actually remembered a speaker for music, and we traded tequila for fireball which made for a lovely afternoon to watch our Padres.

Gettin' It

We got to tailgate park around 2pm and we set up camp. We raced inside to grab our blankets and headed back for burgers, dogs, and hot links. Beers and shots were flowing, and then some old friends showed up.

LK, Tyler, K-Rog
Tyler and his special lady Abby are season ticket holders coming to their second game of the year, and Kyle brought the whole family with his young daughter and fiancee Liz. The boys played catch-up with some ColdCock (gross) then naturally we lost track of time and headed into the park a little after first pitch.
The In-Laws: LK, Alexis, Jaime, Gerry
We made a piss stop then grabbed some Tall Boys, and I ran down the alley to watch Freddy "Does it All" Galvis smoke one to deep left.


We finally got to our seats, and I noticed there was a large group of Brewers/Cubs fan sitting close to me. I had to let my presence known. These clowns didn't know what was coming. I immediately asked them how they enjoyed Wisconsin's performance this year in March Madness, and that set the tone right away. It didn't get any better for them, until of course we started getting our butts kicked.

We were also smothered by a large group of high school baseball players, who had to be educated about the tank like all other millennials. After banging the South Bay on these preppies (all in good fun of course) we had a good time. They were good sports and I even shared my Spitz with them. FYI, say one little thing about North County and HJPreller might get on you. We did come to an agreement though #UniteSD

All in all, it was a fantastic times and now I'll be looking out for these kids success. People helping people. One kid had a FIRE Padres Hawaiian style shirt and none of them had Headley on the back on any jerseys/shirseys so that's just fine in my book
Section 231 #SDinHD

As well all know the game got out of hand. Certainly didn't stay until the end of the game because we had free beverages in the coolers back at tailgate park. So the Padres are 0-3 who freakin cares. Nevertheless I am looking forward to 17 straight days of Padres Baseball.

I did have some thoughts about my behavior in the stands after I woke up from my brownout Sunday Morning. But there will be no apologies from this man.
#GoPadres

Comments