Enlightenment Tuesdays

Here's a new feature that I just thought about. It's time to get some enlightenment on Tuesdays after the case of the Monday's each week. 



Enlightenment no. 1: Bryan Mitchell is a reliever at best.
So you thought he could start, huh?
I know on the last episode of the Express Lane, I wasn't calling for his head just yet while saying stuff like "it's only three starts" and "might as well give him more chances" yada yada yada. Well now I'm calling BS on myself and on AJ Preller. F*ck this guy, he sucks. Never trust a Brian who spells his name Bryan because he has some serious demons he's hiding. The demons we can see are his abysmal H/9 and BB/9 rates.
Albeit he's got some stuff; he can throw some heat and his pitches have movement. It would be nice if they moved into the zone, or actually made guys swing and miss leaving the zone and that's kind of the point. Move his ass to the pen to be a hard throwing reliever until 1)  he can figure it out  for a minmun of 5 IP or 2) AJ can figure out that all he is capable of doing is coming from the bullpen.

Bonus Enlightenment: Preller's love affair with this guy is the reason we have Headley (.110/.250/.133) back and therefore the reason we shipped Solarte (.250/.373/.515) to Canada. Therefore through the transitive property, we can calculate that:
A. I Hate
B. Chase Headley (sucks)
C. Bryan Mitchell (sucks)
 A = B, B = C, then A = C
(plug in variables)
I hate Chase Headley. Chase Headley is equally sucky to Bryan Mitchell. Therefore I hate Bryan Mitchell. YAY MATH!

Enlightenment no. 2: Franchy Cordero is a phenom.
So you thought he didn't belong here, huh?
Want to make Padres Nation forget about you costing them a chance at a No-No? Just hit the ball hard af every chance you get. Franchy is doing just that. A nice article on Francy by Mike Petriello from MLB included some panty droppin stats: (full article here)
Hitting the ball hard is a skill. We've always known that, but it's a lot easier to quantify it now. When Cordero hit his monster home run vs. Arizona, it left the bat at 116.3 mph, making it the hardest-hit ball hit by a Padre since Statcast™ came online in 2015. The record stood for eactly three days, until he broke it on Monday night with a 116.5 mph liner in Colorado. He hit four balls in the 16-5 rout of the Rockies, and they were all crushed: 115.5 mph (lineout), 113.7 mph (home run), 105.6 mph (grounder), 104.0 mph (single). He's one of the very few players this year to have four balls hit 100 mph or more.
Let's pump up the exit MPH velocity to 115+ and see who's on the list.


That's some phenomenal company. Sure the guys swings and misses and a rate that is worrisome, but YAK (you already know, learn this one) this is how infielders look when they catch a glance of his BP:

Keep this guy in the lineup Andy. Panties dropping is good for everyone.

Enlightenment no 3: The NFL Draft is this week.
So you forgot like me, huh?


When you don't have a team to follow you really save a lot of time going through dumb ass mock drafts and getting excited for no reason because during the actual draft the said team will break your heart and take someone you haven't heard about the previous 3 months. So at least Dean gave me this present of freedom from such pain.

In all seriousness this really snuck up on me. It was something I usually looked forward to since I didn't have a chance to look towards the postseason the last 6 years of fandom. Let's take a look at who the Cwords might take, just for nostalgia.






IDGAF about them bruh!! Damn Mox I thought you knew.
(hey dad, IDGAF means I Don't Give a F***)

The only thing I am semi interested in the Draft is where Rashaad Penny goes. I just hope its not one of the teams in California. Maybe then I will choose his new team as my new team. I'm all about hopping on the Browns train.
Looking at mocks for the first time right now, I'll become a Browns fan if they chose Rosen/Chubb over Darnold, with No. 1, and then Chubb/Mayfield with No. 4, and then grab Penny with one of their TWO top 3 picks in rd 2. I'd be onboard of that Choo-Choo quicker than people jumping on the Sixers train.

Enlightenment No. 4 - The Mindy Project is funny.
So you thought women can't make a good show, huh?


I just got Hulu Live TV since I cut the cord (finally), and my old lady has been binge watching TMP everyday after we get off of work. I had always seen trailers for the show but without Hulu, never gave it a second thought. After kind-of-paying-attention to the show while simultaneously playing MLB feat. Ken Griffey Jr on my new Nintendo 64 System (thanks baby bro) it didn't take me long to start L-O-Ling.
Currently 3-1 with the Padres in Season Mode. Gwynn leading MLB with 11 RBIs, NBD

Mindy is of course Kelly Kapoor from The Office but the similar faces don't stop there. In the few episodes I've watched or glanced at during the first two seasons I've seen cameos/Role Players from James Franco, Glenn Howerton, Erin from the Office, Anders from Workaholics, and Bill Hader.

Top L to R: Crazy Sparkle Motion Lady from Donnie Darko, Ike, Some Brit // Bottom L to R: Girl who almost was a surrogate for Cam and Mitch in Modern Family, Mindy, Chris Messina

The main cast includes Reece from The Newsroom (Chris Messina) and the hilarious Ike Barinholtz from the Neighbors movies and Eastbound and Down (Russian Pitcher, Season 3). Not calling it one of the bests or anything, it's just a funny show and worth your time to at least judge for yourself. It's nice when you find a new show to binge with your significant other, especially a show that doesn't drive one of you crazy.


Leave some comments about some of your recent enlightenments!



Comments