BPs Sixer of the Week: Padres Prospects

By @BrownPadres 

At this point I am really tired of prospect lists. I’m ready to stop reading lists and start watching padre games. With this in mind I’m going to enter the official @BrownPadres top 6 prospects list into the pile of padres’ prospects lists made up by almost every other person on the planet. But that’s it, this is the last one, if you have not submitted your prospect list yet, forget it, throw it away, lists are over!

I have compiled the following list without the use of lame ass scouting reports, or made up stats, or even actually ever seeing any of these players play baseball in a real game. Instead I’ve created a proprietary ranking system where players are ranked based on how much I like them and for whatever reason I do.  So please, enjoy…

1. Pedro Avila

Avila has held down this spot on the @BrownPadres top prospect list since he was traded for that human pile of soft-serve feces: Derek Norris. I’m still amazed that the Nat’s gave up anything for that living, breathing, walking around, pile of human shit; I feel nothing but joy anytime I read about Pedro and his cool curve ball. Based on this fact alone, I’m rooting for him more than anyone else in the system.

2. Tirso Ornelas

Left handed masher from Tijuana, hell yeah! I’m from Chula Vista, aka Chulajuana, and I root for any player from the South Bay/TJ.  But Tirso made this list easy with his insane OBP last year (.399) in rookie ball as a 17 year old. I’ll be looking for more thump this year to go along with his patient approach.

3. Luis Urias

Come on, the most exciting Padres second baseman since Roberto Alomar, who would be in the HOF as a Padre if the supremely disgusting POS Tom Werner didn’t simultaneously:
1. trade Robby for a forgotten SS and 
2. change our colors to trash blue and orange. 
Luis is going to hit over 300 and have an OBP around 400. It’s hard for any Padres fan to fathom this, but it’s going to happen.

4. Hudson Potts

If Hudson was born 4 days later he would have been in high school last year, instead he hit 20 HRs in Ft. Wayne. 20 HRs as an 18 year old! Two days ago in a spring training game he hit a ball as hard as I’ve ever seen a Padre hit the ball, ever. It bounced off the top of the batters eye on a frozen rope. He has a few years in the minors to bump down his K rate and bump up his W rate, and then he’s a superstar. People are overrating Gabriel Arias right now and talking about him as the future Padres SS, but I’m rooting for Potts at 3rd next to Tatis Jr at short. 

5. Jeisson Rosario

Like Tirso, Jeisson is one of the 2016 J2 players and he’s a high OBP guy, hitting 299/404 in rookie ball last year.  Where he starts to separate from Tirso is in his backflips, he does them all the time in the field. I would like to see him increase his backflip rate before I can pencil him in as the Padres every day CF, maybe doing one after every out.

6. Josh Naylor

The Oliver Miller of the padres system, aka Butterbean, you got to love a player with fat game. He was also traded for one of the most hated @BrownPadres players of all time: Andrew Cashner. For that reason alone I’m rooting for him big time. He’s blocked by Hosmer for the foreseeable future but you never know, the Padres could use a player of his stature sooner or later.

So that’s it, that’s the list. There are other players in the Padres system I like, just not enough to write about.

Comments